JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices.

(Topic created: 07-22-2024 10:20 AM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Starting with the release of the Fold 6 series, Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices. Google Messages will be the only messaging app on phones in the US. Google is pushing this especially with the implementation of RCS compatibility on Iphones come September. RCS will only work from Google Messages to IMessage. Google owns Android, their platform, their rules. 

Samsung Messages will still be available for download in the Galaxy Store, stripped of any real meaningful features.

Not only will Google Messages be the sole messaging app, RSC will be turned on by default. If you wish to have RCS chat features it will ONLY be available in Google's product.

I will bet that when the next update rolls out, all those that still have enhanced features in the Samsung Messages it will be gone. Samsung Messages will now only be SMS/MMS.

This is the future going forward with messaging in the US, you either jump on board with Google Messages or you can stay with Samsung Messages with no enhanced features.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
151 Replies
Options
When I got my s24 ultra in January I think I went into my settings and search samsung messages from there and made it my default app and i disabled Google messages
0 Likes
Members_OxM6kIn
Constellation
Options

Why there's no more Samsung message what be

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
According to Samsung as said to Android Authority.

The company said it was making this move to “accelerate the adoption” of RCS and to deliver a “more robust and engaging” messaging experience.
Martin90
Constellation
Options
Do, still will also affect s23 users?
0 Likes
IzzyT
Cosmic Ray
Options

Before Samsung ditches this app, they need to roll out an update that allows Google messages to work seamlessly with Samsung's phone and contacts apps. Even when Google Messages is your default app, using link to windows or your galaxy watch for Messages will use Samsung, not Google. And why doesn't Bixby play music from YT music?

meself
Black Hole
Options
I agree and also option to transfer text from Samsung messages to Google
Iamchaos13
Comet
Options
It should, mine did.
meself
Black Hole
Options
Did it transfer text over that is my biggest concern
Iamchaos13
Comet
Options
Had to park out back and walk in, it's so crowded in here. 😁 Yea, if you download Google messenges and go into that , it's going to prompt you to pick one, Sam, or Google to be your default, just select Google, and your other messages will come over. You can switch back and forth between the two, the messages will still show in both of them.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
How did you get the texts to transfer over
0 Likes