Original topic:

Samsung Pass: Couldn't verify fingerprints

(Topic created: 04-20-2023 04:47 AM)
Mukkesh
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey, 

So, I recently Got a S23 Ultra, and started setting up my device and finshed setting up. Then when i tried to setup samsung pass, I logged into my and tried to verify my fingerprint.

It keeps popping the error "Couldn't Verify Fingerprints" please try again. 

I went through solutions in the forum, which said to try disconnecting wifi and try with mobile data and yea i tried switching to mobile data and tried a several times still it shows the same error. 

Also i triend forcestop, clear cache and data, Uninstalling and Reinstalling, removing my samsung account and relogin, removing fingerprints.

Expecting for solutions, Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20230420_122317_Samsung Pass.jpg

 

209 Replies
Night_Dex
Constellation
Options

I contacted a Samsung rep today. They have forwarded the ticket over to their relevant department to look into it. They (Samsung) haven't ceased all activity on Samsung Pass. There is currently a problem on their server side. My guess, the latest revision of Android, Google pushing Samsung into a corner over their new "secure methods" that apparently superseed Samsung's method(s). 

jules00013
Constellation
Options
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I upgraded my phone yesterday to S23 Ultra and I tried all day yesterday and this morning to get it to work and I'm getting the same issues as you all. Very frustrating esp trying to set up my new phone.
aon
Asteroid
Options

I hope an explanation comes from samsung.i bought s23 today too

userKI1smlB4RR
Constellation
Options

Me too, new tab s8 all set up and working apart from pass

Markt2793
Constellation
Options

Same problem here. Seems it is widespread. 

ihol
Constellation
Options

Have the same problem since this morning. Nothing helps so far.

userlqNx07zWyz
Asteroid
Options

Samsung, please take matter seriously as there are people who store sensitive information and passwords within Samsung Pass and cannot access them when needed. At least am acknowledgment from you is minimum as its an affecting a large number of people. It started with Samsung Pass having no network connection and now after clearing cache, clearing data results in the fingerprint issue. 

I hope it is not hacked similar to Lastpass and you are trying to do damage contro by not acknowledgingl!!

We need answers and the solution. 

Disnerd14
Constellation
Options

I just noticed Samsung Pass acting up today. I've restarted my phone so many times I've lost count, I've deleted and re-entered my fingerprints, I've cleared all cache and data, force stopped, turned off wi-fi and turned it back on, I've reset my network settings, (because I was originally getting a network error, then the fingerprint error) and I'm out of ideas and still getting nowhere. I did also erase than re-upload the update on the app, and updated my phone as well. When is this going to be fixed? This is a pretty important app to have crashing. 

Damien87
Constellation
Options
Same issue as all the others. Big bummer galaxy s23 ultra
0 Likes