Original topic:

Samsung Pass: Couldn't verify fingerprints

(Topic created: 04-20-2023 09:43 PM)
Mukkesh
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey, 

So, I recently Got a S23 Ultra, and started setting up my device and finshed setting up. Then when i tried to setup samsung pass, I logged into my and tried to verify my fingerprint.

It keeps popping the error "Couldn't Verify Fingerprints" please try again. 

I went through solutions in the forum, which said to try disconnecting wifi and try with mobile data and yea i tried switching to mobile data and tried a several times still it shows the same error. 

Also i triend forcestop, clear cache and data, Uninstalling and Reinstalling, removing my samsung account and relogin, removing fingerprints.

Expecting for solutions, Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20230420_122317_Samsung Pass.jpg

209 Replies
FatThor
Constellation
Options
Mine just closes out when I click the ok button with the network error message
0 Likes
gasmith10
Cosmic Ray
Options
So, your Samsung Wallet app just closes out when you hit okay on the "network connection" message?
0 Likes
Kimlechef
Constellation
Options

I've got the same issue -- network connection error it says -- now its sending me in circles --- what a PIA

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
There are several posts already about this issue. Samsung is apparently aware and working to restore the service.
0 Likes
userw7cN1vNROK
Constellation
Options

in samsung pass app settings turn off  " change system settings." After doing that the fingertip us recognized. 

0 Likes
mart1391
Cosmic Ray
Options
Problem is fixed for me.... In the Samsung Wallet App you should see a message saying "Samsung Pass is moving to Samsung Wallet" click get started and Samsung Pass app will be removed from your phone. 
0 Likes
hassan27495
Asteroid
Options

Hey man!

I just resolved this issue after trying different methods for several hours and this one works 100%

I have S22 ultra patched with April update.

All samsung services app are updated too.

The first step you have to do is force stop the Samsung Pass App.

2nd step= remove Cache

3rd Step = go to the biometrics and remove fingerprints and dont add new one.

4th step = open the Samsung pass app and it will prompt you to register the fingerprint after intial scanning it will ask you to add the fingerprint.

5th step= add the fingerprint and once it's done it will redirect you to the samsung pass app.

IT WORKS.

userw4YWOG9avs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy store update available for Samsung Wallet.... After that wait for a couple of hours. Mine is fixed now
0 Likes
Maxim Sushkevich
Asteroid
Options

Hey all!

It seems to me the issue is fixed. It works to me now.

0 Likes
Solution
Ljg
Constellation
Options

I spent hours trying to resolve this! Finally thought look at Wallet!!!Samsung pass was incorporated into samsung Wallet on the last update that I installed on 19th April ,  you will find samsung Pass in there and all your passwords stored there.  No separate Samsung Pass anymore! Hope this helps. 

0 Likes