Original topic:

Samsung Pass: Couldn't verify fingerprints

(Topic created: 04-19-2023 11:53 PM)
Mukkesh
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey, 

So, I recently Got a S23 Ultra, and started setting up my device and finshed setting up. Then when i tried to setup samsung pass, I logged into my and tried to verify my fingerprint.

It keeps popping the error "Couldn't Verify Fingerprints" please try again. 

I went through solutions in the forum, which said to try disconnecting wifi and try with mobile data and yea i tried switching to mobile data and tried a several times still it shows the same error. 

Also i triend forcestop, clear cache and data, Uninstalling and Reinstalling, removing my samsung account and relogin, removing fingerprints.

Expecting for solutions, Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20230420_122317_Samsung Pass.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
209 Replies
RichardP27
Constellation
Options

Same for me today with S20, never had any previous problems. I came across it because starting some apps with biometrics was failing

0 Likes
RichardP27
Constellation
Options

Noticed as well that the 'Couldn't verify fingerprint try again later ' message is only displayed when a fingerprint has been recognised! if it is not recognised the message no match , you have x attempts remaining.

MoonScythe
Constellation
Options

same here did reset few time still the same its so annoying i have all my pass stored there and i cant access anything without them fix this asap 
this not cool 

KPACEH
Constellation
Options

Same issue with network error. After wipe data and etc, now with fingerprints. S21 ultra

0 Likes
useri6F1amIZxI
Constellation
Options
I've been on the phone for 2 hours they cannot help me they want me to send my phone back to them that's not going to happen
0 Likes
Members_YTyd5NR
Constellation
Options

Same issue here on S22 ultra i have tried everything and it doesnt work. im getting kinda nervous

0 Likes
zaffar
Constellation
Options

what is going on Samsung, this is so annoying. I'm using S23 Ultra, Samsung pass was working fine and today it just stopped. 

Please let me know if there is any solution or work around.

0 Likes
Maxim Sushkevich
Asteroid
Options

Hello there!

I'm not able to get into Samsung Pass using my own Samsung account.
I go through authorization without any problems but on fingerprint registration, I can see the error message "Couldn't verify fingerprints. Try again"
IMAGE 2023-04-20 20_59_29.jpg
I run into this issue on the device:

1. Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra
  2. Samsung Galaxy s21 FE
  3. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

It is probably, somebody knows if it is a known issue or the issue affected only me.

Thank you, waiting forward to your advice on how to fix the issue.

Best regards,
Maxim

VLAD2277
Cosmic Ray
Options
There's no fix. Samsung apparently knows about it,
I lost access to almost everything
Don't remember most of passwords
They have no idea when it will be fixed
Or whether passwords will restored back in the Samsung pass app from the cloud storage
useri6F1amIZxI
Constellation
Options
On the phone for 2 hours with me today no fix they want me to mail my phone back into them no way
0 Likes