JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Smart TV apps.

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 07:36 AM)
user0RJdwgLY2g
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello. We have an older model of a Samsung smart TV. I think it is a 2012 or 2013 model? the Model is UE40H6400. I have updated it but not sure if it is on the latest version as when I do a search for updates it says no updates available?

The problem I am having is in the smarthub? I want to search for newer apps to download (Spotify/Zoom etc) but for the life of me I cannot find a way to search for any new apps? I have tried in the categories and What's new sections but I do not get the option to search, just a selection? Can anyone advise? Also the web browser that comes with the TV is slow and dreadful. Is there ANY way I can improve it? Hope someone can help?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

usergXr94dX2J5
Astronaut
Options

This is ridiculous i have the same problem and just need to know how to search and download and App 

uservYundwqrud
Astronaut
Options

I have the same question for a UN65H7150.   Seems you can only download apps from the Samsung App store.   How do I do that? There is no option on the TV and I dont have a Samsung phone.  I tried going to the Samsung App Store with my PC but the connection was refused.  I'll try to connect again another time.   I assume we can download the app file and then use a USB or PC to transfer and install it on the TV.      

Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team. They can be reached at 866-813-2404 or support@smartthings.com

0 Likes
user36E0qGLPpK
Astronaut
Options

I also have a older Samsung smart tv and I contacted Samsung's support that they talk about. I spent 2 1/2 hours on a live chat with 2 different techs and they still couldn't figure it out and finally after they quit responding for over 15 minutes I ended the chat

userSTsiyHyNkG
Constellation
Options

It is ridiculous!  Samsung older smart TVs are not my favorite.   Can't search apps at all.  

usertoMq3DxORH
Astronaut
Options

Same problem here.  Have UN32J525D and have spent hours trying to find a way to see any apps that aren't preinstalled.  TV is only a couple of years old.  Click on the Smart Hub, it offers Featured Samsung Apps, click on that and there are the 3 categories (Most Popular, What's New, and Categories).  Only in Categories (Videos/Games/Sports/Lifestyle/Information/Education/Kids) can anything be selected at all, and that's just for whatever was preloaded within the category.  When initially clicking on the Smart Hub to get the Featured Samsung Apps box, there is Featured and Recent and Clear All.  If Featured Apps is selected (but not clicked through) there will be a search box (magnifying lens) choice, but anything entered into it offers a Youtube video containing the app search terms, but no apps unless already preinstalled.  Google Play Movies is installed, but not Google Play or Galaxy Store, so I have no idea how to get other apps. 

user3H6CMUkDTb
Constellation
Options

Has anyone come with a solution.  This is hard to believe

userapZ3jduJWj
Astronaut
Options

And the same here - the basics like BBC I-player and Channel 4 on demand not available in the Samsung Apps list, which only includes loads of useless apps that are no use to anyone. I won't be buying a Samsung TV in future