Original topic:

Viewing software for SNH-V6410PN smartcam; app no longer supported

(Topic created: Wednesday)
CamasDon
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What viewing software that is compatible.  Wisenet reports incompatibility in July 2024. 

Jcz6724
Constellation
Options

Hello Sun,

I have two cameras and both of them are bricked. Basically, all functionality is gone. Both of them became paperweights unless an alternate app is found. 

0 Likes
smartcam-ex
Constellation
Options

My Smartcam security cameras suddenly went dark sans warnings or notifications from Samsung: the software was overwritten (v.2.31 to v.2.32) on 7/8/2024. I don't know whether is any work-around to the unsolicited "update,"  or if there's a way to restore the software that was replaced.

I'd like to shelter in place with a v.2.3.[01] app for IOS until I figure out how to replace all of my Samsung devices in a logical way.

THANKS for any advice / information.

BigRedGurl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Someone has a scanner and they were near your device and hit the scanner so they wouldn't be seen on camera
0 Likes
BigRedGurl
Cosmic Ray
Options
You need a generator for cameras so that when the power goes out your camera will still record. I paid $100 at the computer store.
0 Likes
Members_e3a3Tlg
Constellation
Options

Were you using Wisenet app?  I received an alert June 19 that said:

Note: This announcement is for SmartCam+ App users.

Beginning July 8, 2024, the Wisenet SmartCam+ App will no longer support specific models (SNH-V6414BN, SNH-V6410PN, SNH-C6417BN) due to compatibility issues.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Not sure what patience they thought that I had.   Is there any way to use them now?  They are too small for boat anchors.

joe66492
Constellation
Options
I'm in the same boat! My camera is junk if I can't view it live
My Account
Constellation
Options

Exact same story

0 Likes
userPHqbE6X3xs
Constellation
Options

It's completely a joke. I have 6 cameras and they just bricked them all. 😠

user_js
Constellation
Options
If no solution is offered it's lawsuit time.
raylasin
Constellation
Options

I have 6 SNH-V6410PN smartcams and I can no longer use them so, SAMSUNG, what can you possibly suggest we do to support our smartcams?