Original topic:

Is Visual Voicemail a system app from Samsung that ties into your Voicemail account from your provider?

(Topic created: Friday)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Is Visual Voicemail a system app from Samsung that ties into your Voicemail account from your provider ?

I am not having problems with receiving Voicemails, I am having a problem with playing them in the app, especially on speaker. Speaker icon sometimes works, pressing the play button doesn't always work.

Is this system app updated by Samsung or my carrier?
13 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Robin621k Voicemail is a carrier provided service. If you have a carrier phone, the visual voicemail is a carrier app. 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
I understand that, on unlocked Samsung phones, a voicemail app is preintalled on the phone. When you set up your visual voicemail, it goes to your providers servers to activate.
It's basically a back door to their servers.

The app itself came with the phone, Verizon doesn't maintain the app on my device, Samsung does. It's not working properly!
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

Doesn't Verizon have their own VVM app you can download?  I have a factory unlocked phone and didn't have a Samsung VVM app on it when I got it.  Didn't even know about VVM when I was with AT&T when I first got my S10, but after I switched to T-Mobile, I just downloaded their app, and it works perfectly.  You don't have to use your carrier's VVM app, but they usually work best, especially since they will provide any updates. But, really there are others in the Play store, and you can try another one. Evidently Samsung is choosing not to provide support for the VVM app, since most problems related to VM are carrier related.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
That green voicemail app is Samsung 1719017831113.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
I don't have that, and didn't have it on my S10 either. Never saw it before.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
No, Verizon doesn't have an app for unlocked devices.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
It has been on my phone since I don't remember!
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

And, I have never seen that.  Is it possible it was included on one of your earlier phones and then when you changed phones and transferred data, it just kept moving it over?

0 Likes
Spunkylittledude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Visual voicemail comes when you get your device
0 Likes