Original topic:

Weather channel app showing the wrong temperature

(Topic created: 06-27-2022 06:43 PM)
Realone1
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Someone needs to upgrade the main app because it constantly shows the wrong temperature for my area 

5 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Realone1 

What main app? Sorry

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Realone1
Astronaut
Options
The weather Channel app
userbYExnRc9EF
Cosmic Ray
Options

is it still malfunctioning.?? Mine works just fine though

0 Likes
Realone1
Astronaut
Options
It works, just not accurately like it should, it's a design fault
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the weather channel app not working and would be happy to look into this further for you. There are a few troubleshooting steps we can try.

1. I would recommend making sure your weather channel app is set to the proper zip code or city and state.

2. Next step would be to clear the cache for the weather channel app. Go to settings > app > tap on the weather channel > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

3. Third thing to try would be to test your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

4. I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Depending on your device, it will change the steps to wipe the cache partition.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, as the weather channel app is a third party app, I would recommend reaching out to the developers of the app directly.