Original topic:

AT&T Galaxy Tab 7 5G won't update

(Topic created: Friday)
Options
Tablets
I purchased an unlocked AT&T galaxy tab 7 5G on ebay and it won't update. I heard someone mention to someone else with a similar problem that they need to have an active AT&T sim card in it for it to update. Can snubbed confirm this or give me an alternate solution?
9 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@CaryS21UltraS24Ultra Which version of software and UI is the Tab 9 currently running?

LTE versions of tablets get less frequent updates than Wifi versions.

When you say "won't update" what exactly do you mean? 

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I will let you know a little later when I have the tablet in front of me.
0 Likes
Intrinz1c
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
If the tablet is the AT&T certified model, it will need to have an active AT&T SIM to receive OTA updates. Same with other carrier models as well. You might check with UbreakIfix to see if they can manually push the update, some of them have the ability to do that
Parad1gmSh1ft
Constellation
Options
Tablets
You don't need a sim bro, that's BS. Change the CSC code with SamFWtools to another valid carrier code and it will work. I did it for my Tab S8+ and worked like a charm...
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Could you explain that with a bit more detail on how I'd do that? I'm pretty good about tinkering with these, but I don't understand a lot of techno jargon
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I appreciate the link, but when I read it, I was even more confused šŸ˜•
0 Likes
Parad1gmSh1ft
Constellation
Options
Tablets
If you've ever used Odin or SamFW to flash firmware it's the same process. Connect through ADB and it's a simple click on the CSC button.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I have side loaded, but I've never flashed firmware. I've always been afraid of f..king up
0 Likes