JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text on other devices (Tablet to Phone)

(Topic created: 05-01-2023 01:32 AM)
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My tablet Galaxy Tab S8+ supports SIM with calling facility. But I can't carry the tablet all the time so I wanted to receive the tablet's call in phone/mobile (M14 5G). The existing feature only supports to receive the mobile's call in the tablet but I can't receive tablet's call in my phone.  There is any solution for this ?

16 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Thank you for this information and clarification.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
That is so cool. I like using old tablet more due to larger screen. I have wifi @ my home & service on my phone. Do you know where I can access more information on that Samsung call or text on another device?? Thank you appreciate it.✌️
0 Likes
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@DanG92263 
But the problem in call forwarding you will not get to know that from which number the call is coming.
The Samsung feature call-and-text-on-other-device is really useful, it shows the device name in call screen.
I have attached screenshot to understand better.

Image 1 - Calling to Phone but also getting call in tablet with heading ("Incoming call to your phone").
Image 2 -  Calling to tablet with heading("Incoming Call").

PXL_20230426_150713904.png

PXL_20230426_151057628.png

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Yes, That's quite an issue.
0 Likes
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I hope Samsung will provide this feature the call from Tablet to Phone ....  

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Thank you DanG92263! Needed a explanation to better understand. Do you know of any articles or anything that I can access to understand how it works better? Appreciate it.✌️
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Why not use your carrier offered feature like Number Share, Number Sync or Digits.  Major carriers allow your tablet to share the phone's number. 

Currently I don't have a tablet with mobile but I do have a watch.  It has its own phone number but I use Verizon's Number Share which gives my LTE watch the same number as my phone and it operates just like my phone. 

I used to have the watch in Stand Alone Mode and used call forwarding but the Number Share feature is way better. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes