Original topic:

Connect Tab A8 to monitor issue

(Topic created: 01-05-2024 07:09 PM)
Lizard_Crimson
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Hello!

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 tablet. I'd like to push the output to a Dell Interactive Touch monitor that my school uses. The connection for the monitor goes through an i5create USB-C Dual HDMI hub (althought I tried different hubs, so this doesn't really matter). The monitor has an HDMI and USB connection to the hub, which then has a single USB-C cabel for the tablet. When I connect my tablet to the hub, charging begins, however, no USB devices are found in USB tethering and the Dell Monitor remains blank

I was hoping this was a configuration issue on my tablet's end, as my professor, who has an iPad, is able to easily connect, as well as the issue of no devices being found on my USB tethering setting

Any ideas?
3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Connect the monitor to power. Connect the hub attached USB-C cable to the tablet USB, plug your usb-c charger into the pass through power input on the hub and then an HDMI cable from hub to the monitor.   This should work. 

USB tethering has nothing to do with this so turn that off. 

Since your tablet doesn't do DeX, all you can do is mirror.  There is no way to extend the tablet desktop. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Lizard_Crimson
Constellation
Options
Tablets
The setup you described is the one that I used. Tablet -> usb-c -> hub -> hdmi -> monitor

But the screen remains blank
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I did some Googling and it appears that the "A" models do not support HDMI over USB C.  Submit an error report to Samsung to confirm

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV