JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Curious about tablet S Pen charging

(Topic created: 12-29-2022 01:39 AM)
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
Tablets

I'm curious as to how the S Pen on Samsung tablets charge. My understanding is that the S Pen has to have a battery in order to use air actions, but batteries discharge. As far as I'm aware, wireless charging (the internal method used for the Note and the S22 Ultra S Pens) doesn't work through metal, the material the tablets are made from. Since the S Pen doesn't have wired charging or metal contact points, how does it charge? I've just been curious since I recently got a Samsung tablet with an S Pen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Boseph
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It has an inductive coil near the tip, which draws power from the electromagnetic field emanating from the behind the screen of the phone.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Solution
Boseph
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It has an inductive coil near the tip, which draws power from the electromagnetic field emanating from the behind the screen of the phone.
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Very interesting. Thanks for explaining!
Boseph
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It uses a super capacitor battery instead of a lithium ion battery.
Remy6
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
+3
0 Likes
AMeee1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
+7 pen resume for the same purposely as the other two are the one that is on my mind for a response than that of the pen 6 that represents how they work
0 Likes
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Tablets
Which tablet do you have? My Tab S8 has a spot on the back of it that the pen magnetically stays. This is the charge point and will display a charge icon on the screen when the pen is placed there. It does have to be oriented correctly.
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Tablets
My Tab S6 has a spot on the back that the spen magnetically stays and charges.
rrga11
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I have the Tab S6 Lite. The S Pen doesn't have a spot on the back of the tablet, but on the side where it magnetically snaps on.
0 Likes
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Tablets
I believe the Tab S7 also has this.