JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgot my password Tab A 10.1

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 07:31 PM)
userTiC4RL42BC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Can someone please tell me how I can unlock my Samsung Tab A10? I forgot my password.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

If you have a Samsung account on the device, you can try Find My Mobile: Link

If not, you can try Google's Find My Device: Link

userTiC4RL42BC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you SamsungGill. Unfortunately, I did not register my Samsung account on it. Smiley Indifferent

userTiC4RL42BC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

SamsungGill anything else I could try?

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Have you tried to do a factory reset?

• Ensure the device is powered off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons.
  • Continue to hold Volume Up and Power buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons. ...
  • From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. ...
  • Select Yes.

If this does not help I recommend sending your device in or visiting a local service center to perform this task. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userTiC4RL42BC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes, but my tablet is still power on and I have to enter the password to power it down so I am waiting for the battery to go dead then try the factory reset.  Right now my battery life is at 91%. I will let you know if it work SamsungBri....Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes
userTiC4RL42BC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

SamsungBri

Thank you so much the battery life went to 0% in order for me to do a factory reset. I am in my tablet! 🙂

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Hooray :)! I am so happy to hear that. Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFVgu0Gir1P
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My brother gave me his Samsung tablet SM-T580 but does not remember the password and I don't think it was associated with a gmail account or registered with Samsung. I did a factory reset which erased all data but it still won't unlock without a password, as it says it was previously associated with another account. Is there a solution to this, to bypass the lock screen or something??? Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I am sorry. You will need to recover the password for the account to access the tablet.

0 Likes