Original topic:

Galaxy Tab-S2 - email failing, and outlook fails

(Topic created: 12-12-2022 01:02 PM)
guthrie108
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

On my Samsung Galaxy Tablet Tab-S2 Model SM-T713;

I have two email clients - the standard Android built-in on the front screen, and MSoft Outlook downloaded as part of office 365.

Last time I got email was Oct. 5, and now both fail.

They both say "invalid password" on login, although I can use web page login to MSoft online apps Outlook with the same credentials (and on all other computers) on the same device and it works fine. (Same symptoms on another (older) galaxy-Tab tablet).

I tried deleting and reinstalling Outlook, but after deleting it from Office.com it says - not compatible with this device.

i generally don't use Outlook there anyway, it was a fallback, but now the main Android mail app also fails - what to do?

8 Replies
Frbky
Comet
Options
Tablets
That's a very old unsupported tablet... you may be out of luck.
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets

Concur. These apps are no longer compatible with your version of Android. Maybe time to upgrade?

guthrie108
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Sad, but thanks!

Thanks. Since it was all working just 2-months ago, weird that it would not get obsoleted.

For Outlook , I'm not too surprised that MSoft would do that on an Android update.

But the built-in Samsung native mail app - I would expect to keep working...

0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Samsung email supports 8.0 and up. I believe your device ended with 7.
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Same story with Outlook.
guthrie108
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks. 😞

nannykp
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I need outlook for an droid
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The Android email client should work, as should Gmail.  Microsoft deprecated their passw0rd verification system near the end of last year so that may have something to do with it.  I'd try creating a new password and see if that helps. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes