JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy tab A7 cannot create account after factory reset!

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 01:19 AM)
userVqjQz3yoqI
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I was gifted a Galaxy tab A7 after a factory reset. I have also personally completed several factory resets and reboots.This does provide a full reset of device.

At power up I get screen demanding password or Gmail account previously synced to this device. How do I unlock this tablet and create a new account WITHOUT requested password or Gmail address?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
userNnP6CVdKK0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

After PMing I thought I'd post for the reference of any others finding this thread... the powers that be said an emphatic NO... without the receipt you are relegated to seeking 3rd party "cracking" solutions.

I would warn Samsung of the old adage that when there is a will (a need) there is a way. They have no right to complain when other solutions become available. It's of their own making.

I find it to be quite frustrating in this case, as now the 96 year old man for whom I'd doing this had to send me $300 to buy ANOTHER Samsung tablet. I'm sure corporate Samsung considers that a victory.

When I had something similar happen with an Apple tablet a few years ago at least Apple had the decency of unbricking the tablet after a 40 day waiting period after confirming my identity.

I tried UnlockGo (Android) but was not successful with it. And was only issued a partial refund from LuckDog Technologies when it didn't work.

If anyone knows a better way I'd very much appreciate you posting it here.

Over the last 32 years of programming computers I have watched software companies slowly morph privacy destroyers that need to be brought back to Earth.

0 Likes
userpLR7oOPmLK
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This is the reason I divorced Samsung and finally the Android.

Samsung are playing with customers.

I have the same problem with my grandson's tab which is now locked out after factory resetting it.

I gave him my old iPad pro instead while the Samsung tab is all messed up

I will never ever buy Samsung again.

This is confirmed after I found that my Samsung Smart TV Qled 4K Tizen had ethernet modem supporting only 100mbps and not a Gigabyte modem and can hence not support high speed internet. Such cheap way of selling an expensive smart tv.

0 Likes