JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy tab A7 cannot create account after factory reset!

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 01:19 AM)
userVqjQz3yoqI
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I was gifted a Galaxy tab A7 after a factory reset. I have also personally completed several factory resets and reboots.This does provide a full reset of device.

At power up I get screen demanding password or Gmail account previously synced to this device. How do I unlock this tablet and create a new account WITHOUT requested password or Gmail address?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, you will need the registered users Gmail login credentials to unlock the tablet.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
user1lpF9rN3ca
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I'm new to this page but wondering if you find a way to fully reset.
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, you will need the registered users Gmail login credentials to unlock the tablet.

0 Likes
LadySeven
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Honest ppl can't keep up with the hackers! I have at least 2 hackers on my Samsung A11 with Avast security and VPN But hackers were not able to bother me for a week and now they've hacked the Avast and I get Wi-Fi not connected messages when I try to run a scan on the page after where the VPN is. I have messaged Samsung and Avast but it's been 3 weeks now and I haven't heard from either company
0 Likes
vicvaga
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It's none stop!
0 Likes
userNnP6CVdKK0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

And if the registered user is deceased and nobody even knows what their Gmail address was... what then? With an iPad in a similar situation I was able to call Apple and after 40 days they unlocked it. Are you saying the Samsung Galaxy A7 becomes paperweight in that situation?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I understand your frustration. The factory reset protection is designed to prevent misappropriated devices from being activated by anyone other than the owner of the device. If you are able to provide a copy of the purchase receipt, your tablet can be sent to a service center to be unlocked. If you would like to have this serviced, please send the model and serial numbers for the device to this PM Link. https://bit.ly/39kTopa

0 Likes
userNnP6CVdKK0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks Mod. PM sent. Though in this case, the receipt is long lost, if there ever was one in the traditional sense. I believe it was purchased from Costco's website. What to do in that case? I can provide proof of my name, #, email address, physical address, etc... that your average thief wouldn't want to do. 🙂

I can provide the exact date it was purchased, as well as the name of the person who purchased it... along with their contact info.

Hopefully the PM I sent will do some good.

PS: Do you have any knowledge of UnlockGo (Android)? I tried it this morning and it didn't work.

0 Likes
joshuadolson
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I have this exact same problem as described above, having factory reset a Samsung A7 Tablet, but not having the user pin or email address. I purchased this tablet, and have the receipt, but it was utitilzed by a contractor during a project and they didn't have any of these details for me when they handed back the tablet at the end of the project. Now I have a lovely paperweight on my desk that I bought and own. 

Could you let me know where I can send my receipt and S/N to get this device unlocked again?

Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
userpLR7oOPmLK
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have them  and even get a 6- digit code to log in but then there is a message displayed that can not log in due to a recent password change. Kindly try after 24 hrs.

Crazy.. I have waited for now couple of days and seems 24 hrs are not ending..!!

0 Likes