JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy tab s9 plus fingerprint issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Does anyone have news from Samsung regarding a much needed fix to register fingerprints and face recognition? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate you help. After attempting to register the fingerprints using a dampened pad, the sensor finally accepted a reading of 100%

View solution in context

10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Spedup Are you having issues with fingerprint detection? Have you tried recording multiple fingerprints? Do you have a screen protector installed? 

It's working fine on my Tab S9+. I can open it using either of the fingers that I have recorded. 

0 Likes
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the reply, after installing UI 6.1 w/April security patch, the fingerprint sensor stopped at 49%. An error message pops up stating it won't register. This is without a screen protector and it's a new device as of May 3rd. Prior to purchase, I'd seen a post about the bug and that Samsung was aware.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets
Have you tried wiping the device cache?
0 Likes
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Yes, the device cache has been wiped. I've yet to see news regarding this system bug from SamMobile
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Spedup The sensor may not work if your fingers are too dry or chapped. It may be helpful to moisturize your hands with hand lotion. Have you tried this? 

0 Likes
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Again, thank you for your replies and insights, much appreciated
0 Likes
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Do you have Google discover enabled on the stock launcher? Idk if the tablets have this. My s8 is only on 6.0 and s7+ is on 5.1 so can't test optical bugs. On the phones this was an issue though for some fingerprint stuff. If you boot into safe mode do you have any better luck?
0 Likes
Spedup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the reply, it might be necessary to save everything, uninstall, factory reset and start over from scratch
0 Likes
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Maybe. You could try instead using odin if you have a pc to flash over top the fw you have with the same to fix any corruption. Just when you flash you would have to use the home csc and not the file that says only csc the ONLY CSC file wile wipe (factory reset) the device. The home csc will basically do an OTA but not touch your data. Backup all your stuff regardless though.
0 Likes