JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDR not fully working on my Galaxy Tab S7 + while using YouTube.

(Topic created: 03-11-2023 08:50 PM)
Jingling
Comet
Options
Tablets
The video's color is definitely more accurate with HDR on, however it doesn't automatically adjust the brightness according to the contents brightness meaning that if the device is set to 50% brightness the max brightness would still be 50% hence why watching HDR content with great highlights doesn't do anything. This also means that if the brightness set to max brightness, darker parts would not really be a dark. This is occurring on my Galaxy Tab S7 +. Not sure if it's the softest problem or the apps problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

YouTube has been like that for a while (years) .  Netflix works.  You need to complain  to the YouTube app developers. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

YouTube has been like that for a while (years) .  Netflix works.  You need to complain  to the YouTube app developers. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor