JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Max SD card size for Tab Pro 12.2

(Topic created: 08-10-2021 09:11 AM)
userDqSBZsndr6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The only thing I can find related to the external sd card size is in the specs and those say '64 Gig'. I don't know if that's a limit of the OS or if that was just the largest sd card size at the time the device was new.......0..........

Does anyone know if it's possible to go above this limit?

Thanks for the assist.....

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@userDqSBZsndr6 if you buy a larger card and try it, it will either work or not work. Trying a larger capacity card won't break your Tab Pro. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there! Your tablet supports removable microSD or microSDHC memory cards with maximum capacities of 64 GB.  You could try going higher but there's no guarantee that it will actually be compatible.  Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance in the future!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userDqSBZsndr6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the suggestion. I understand, and generally support the concept of 'try it and see what happens'. The issue is I don't need a larger SD card for anything except the Tab and it it's not going to work, then there's no reason to spend money on a card I don't need for any other device and can't return. I'm cheap...Now if you'd like to Venmo me funds for a 1 TB card, I'm all in!

So, the question remains: does the hardware or OS allows up to <how big> of a card or not. Do you know?

0 Likes
userDqSBZsndr6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you. For now, I'll stick with 64. If I every buy a bigger SD card, I'll give it a go.

0 Likes