JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not charging above 86%

(Topic created: 01-28-2020 02:07 PM)
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T580, will not charge beyond 85 - 86%, have latest updates and have removed SIM card, have checked setting in battery setup.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
26 Replies
userwek9pjYAGj
Constellation
Options
Tablets
hi there, I'm having a similar issue. Do you remember how he fixed it?
0 Likes
Alalu
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi Forum & Samsung Team,

(I am revising my updates on the concern here if any one has read it already)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra purchased in UAE and it started having the same battery issue of not charging more than 85% since last two days.

Luckily, a friend (thanks to Syed) suggested that I check the settings on my phone (Battery & Device Care / Battery/More Battery Settings/Protect Battery which needs to be disabled here) and issue is resolved.

It appears to be the latest SW update I did couple of days back affected this setting, limiting the max charge to 85% automatically to extend the lifespan of the battery.

I am surprised Samsung members were not able to tell us this issue here in the forum.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

85%.JPG

Amsalu from UAE

0 Likes
Solution
CharlaMarie
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Settings. Device. Care. Battery. More Battery Settings. Protect Battery (was set to save the lifespan of your battery by limiting the maximum charge) turn this off.
rube1986
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
We all know to turn battery protect off...please stop suggesting that! My phone has never had that on and recently started not being able to go beyond 86. I've tried factory reset to no avail either. The only thing that works is to turn the phone completely off, let it charge to 100% while staying off or let it charge beyond 86 while being off and then turn the phone back on while still being plugged in to finish charging to 100%...it's a s21 Ultra and this sucks!
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Does this happen in Safe Mode? 

I suggest that you reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
rube1986
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Can you tell me how to enable safe mode?
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Pull down the top menu twice and expose the Power Off icon, tap that and then press and then once the power off options are displayed, press and hold the Power Off icon and Safe mode icon will appear.  Tap that.  To exit Safe Mode just reboot.  Just an FYI sometimes exiting Safe Mode turns on Airplane Mode so check for that when you return to normal. 

Another FYI, Factory Reset often doesn't work if you restore your backup because you end up restoring the offending app. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV