JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not charging above 86%

(Topic created: 01-28-2020 02:07 PM)
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T580, will not charge beyond 85 - 86%, have latest updates and have removed SIM card, have checked setting in battery setup.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Firstly I thank you all for you fast response times with my problem, well done.

I have resolved the problem.

I meticulously removed all files one by one, I also removed my installed apps one by one .....the problem still existed.

I then completed a backup and did a complete factory reset the problem has now gone and my SMT580 will charge to 100%.

My advise is to always expect at some time you will have to do a Factory Reset.

Thank you once again for your support, 

Kind Regards "Kia Ora" from New Zealand 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You're welcome.  Speaking for myself, even though I know that a Factory Reset will solve many, many issues I tend to not recommend that right off because most users tend to think that we are taking the easy out and just telling them to reset.  In today's environment with Google backup and the Samsung Cloud a Factory Reset is much less painful then it was years ago....but the stigma is still there.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Just to let you know, things were all ok until today.... my tablet even after a factory reset had resolved the problem for a few days, today the problem has returned and is not charging above 86%.

Looking at forums across the internet this is a common problem with the Samsung product, yet no one at Samsung has been able to resolve this issue.

Samsung has a good name in the marketplace, I believe they should take this problem of not charging above 86% a bit more seriously. My confidence in the good name of Samsung along with my patience is now at an all time low.

A good resolve to this common Samsung problem, would be to  supply me a new Tablet and Samsung to have this problem Tablet of mine and have their experts sort out this inherent problem and be able to give the community a sure fix, thus reinstalling their good name.

Or do you suggest I dispose of this tablet and perhaps get an ipad?

It must be noted that support on this community forum has been excellent, however It is now time for Samsung to prove their problem resolving abilities.

Kind regards

Noel Byrne

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Just to verify, did you purchase this tablet in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Hi, the tablet was purchased here in New Zealand, thanks

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I gotcha. I wish we could be of more help over here, but we can only troubleshoot and set up service for Us devices. You will need to reach out to New Zealand to get further assistance. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Yes, I get that. However this problem is global and not an isolated case here in New Zealand or just with my Tablet. New Zealand support for Samsung is poor, thus my continuing praise on this community forum. The proof of after sales support is definitely on the line for Samsung, being here in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world. Let me tell you of a problem a friend of mine had with a Television he purchased, it was a Philip's CTV, the resolve was Philip's Electrical flew the designer of that model of Philip's CTV from Holland to New Zealand and sorted the problem out.

As my Tablet is just about to run out of power, in frustration i will now be going to purchase another Tablet, the question you can ask of Samsung globally on my behalf is, will I purchase another Samsung? Will I recommend Samsung for their problem solving resolution? Will I advise the social media of the internet my dissatisfaction in the resolve of what is surely a simple fix with the appropriate expertise. I thank once again this forum for its fast responses. Remember one unhappy and dissatisfied customer or client can do so much harm to a company name, especially in country as small as New Zealand.

Regards

userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

YA HOO.....Just to let you know, my friends 12 year old son fixed the problem, he is a little legend 🙂

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Can you share with us the fix?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

In reference to your previous post, I gotcha. I wish we could be of more help over here, but I can only troubleshoot and set up service for New  Zealand devices. You will need to reach out to the USA to get further assistance.

PS End of Forum😏

0 Likes