Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite Unresponsive Black Screen

(Topic created: 09-01-2020 01:22 PM)
ArtCrow1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I have tried to contact Samsung technical support but the services are down??? 

It's been 2 months since I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite from the Samsung Education portal. The device was low on power put to charge and the next day the device is black screened. I am unable to safe boot or boot it at all. The device is completely turned off as if it has zero power despite charging, no logo nothing. I've only used the Samsung charger and used it mainly for studying and some games.

Due to the ongoing COVID lockdown in my state, I am unable to get it repaired. Is there anything I can try to get it to work?

11 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try holding down the power button and Vol down for about 10 seconds and see if it restarts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thnIqfW4e8U

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
ArtCrow1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks, for replying

I have tried that, the screen remains unresponsive no logo nothing. I've read that if that doesn't work the only choice is getting the device checked which is not possible due to the current situation. I haven't dropped the device and the device has remained at home. I also only charged it when the battery is almost depleted or depleted. There shouldn't and doesn't seem to have any physical damage. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. 

Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userrlWaQz99VY
Constellation
Options
Tablets

hi, 

i just have the same issue, all of the sudden the screen is going black and I cannot turn it on, please help us

Solution
ArtCrow1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

Have you tried the solution by bill-e, hold power + volume down.

If that doesn't work then you will more than likely need to send the device in for repair.

I had to send my device in through the mail to be fixed which according to them will take 7-10 days. Else you can go to the Samsung repair store yourself. As long as you still have a warranty, the repair should be free.

I recommend that you contact them, talk to the live chat is faster (some countries may not have this). If they can't figure out how to fix your device they would recommend options to send your device in.

Samsung page -> Support -> Contact

userWmNA04wJFd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Did this work?  I sent my device in for a cracked screen five weeks ago.  They called yesterday telling me they could not fix it.  Was not a crazy crack as the screen still worked, just bothersome.

Yesterday, they told me they would exchange.  Today, they called again and said, we are not repairing the tablet becuase we don't have the parts to the Tab S6 that is less than one year on the market.

They also said, we will not give an exchange, if you want a tablet without a cracked screen, you will have to buy a new one.

userGPpVs7RvIc
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The same thing happened to my tab. bought it 2 mos ago as well and it just got blackscreen after it got low battery and i tried to charge it. i did the tb steps provided by samsung but it didn't work. why would i let it be repaired when in the first place it's a brand new!? this is an ongoing issue. 

userCdot1tXwi1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same thing happened to me . 2 Month old and is dead , not charging at all and not starting. Sound a lot like a from factory issue!!!

userljLBm6I5GY
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hii, i've had the same problem for about two times now and i think you should try to do these steps to try to turn you tablet on: 

-charge for 10 minutes

-try to turn on or you can do forced restart

-if it doesn't work, unplug then whack the tablet on your hand for a few time but remember to be gentle with it 

- after that plug it in and you should see a symbol on you tablet that means it's charging, then immediately turn it on by pressing the on button for 3 seconds

Hope this helps! If it doesn't work, you might have to wait a few days and keep trying, or you can get it fixed if it is completely unresponsive.