JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy 8 inch tablet

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 02:17 PM)
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
I admit I wasn't a heavy user of my tablet, just seemed slower than my cell galaxy s21 5g +

A few weeks ago during a storm we lost power. I had internet on my cell, just not on laptop. I turned on my tablet and I can't get past the swipe screen to open it. Powered off and on, restarted, nothing same thing. Could it be the battery life is dead even though it shows full bars. Idk 🤷‍:female_sign: it's not worth sending for repair, I'd like to know if there are any other options for me to try? Please and thank you 😊 
6 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Try pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time until it reboots
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
Well as you can see above Bill, I think it's Dead.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how your tablet not turning on proplery can be disaapointing. If the information @bill-e did not help then service will be required. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
Well, I tried the volume and power button trick, I got a screen that appeared to want to download something. It stayed that way till today. Did the power and volume action are I saw enter your code. Well, a hammer couldn't get the keyboard to appear. I think it's dead 💀
0 Likes
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Tablets
Well, I tried everything and can't get it to work. I'm way past warranty and tbh, I'd get a 5g tablet if I decide to go that direction. 

A big shout out :loudspeaker: to y'all for the kind support and help. I appreciate it very much 🙏. Enjoy your day! Beckie 
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Beckie1956 Is this the same issue that you reported in last week's thread? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Samsung-galaxy-8-inch-tablet/m-p/2678196

0 Likes