Original topic:

Tab S6 Lite black screen of death

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 03:38 AM)
mankki
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

Yesterday I turned off my Tab s6 lite, and it would not turn on. I figured the battery must have run out, so I let it charge overnight. In the morning, though, it still would not turn on. I've tried forced restart with no luck.

The device is currently running on Stock Lite ROM, which could have something to do with this. Another thing worth mentioning is that the tablet broke almost immediately after inserting a Chinese SD-card into it. However, this issue seems to be very common with this model, so I doubt that it has anything to do with the custom ROM or the SD-card..

The unpleasant fact is that the tablet has no warranty for I have installed a custom ROM, and just letting a technician have a look costs a small fortune.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your tablet not turning on. At this point, I would recommend having a technician look at the tablet. As the tablet is unable to turn on there would be no other troubleshooting that we could provide that would be useful. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options for service. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot-type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334 or if you prefer you can also call in directly at 1-800-726-7864.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Have you removed the SD card, charge it then try turning it on?
mankki
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes I have, with no luck.

0 Likes
Beavutt
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I use a galaxy S8 phone and kind of the same thing happened to me yesterday. I press the power button along with one of the volume buttons and keep them pressed at least 30 seconds and i keep doing that, rotating the buttons in no particular order. So far, it's come back every time. Good luck. You might need to hook it up to a computer and try that way.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
It is obvious that something got on to the tablet but not sure through the custom ROM, SD card or both. Please share what worked if it ever comes back on. Unfortunately, this is one of the risks with uncertified firmware and cheap SD cards. Good luck
mankki
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I certainly will report back if any progress occurs.

mankki
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Alright. Removing the battery didn't help either. I'm beginning to believe that the motherboard has fried somehow. No idea if it has anything to do with the Chinese SD-card - unlikely, i think. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your tablet not turning on. At this point, I would recommend having a technician look at the tablet. As the tablet is unable to turn on there would be no other troubleshooting that we could provide that would be useful. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options for service. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot-type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334 or if you prefer you can also call in directly at 1-800-726-7864.

0 Likes