Having previously worked fine suddenly no one can hear me in a zoom or messenger call. I've checked all the obvious settings and i wasn't muted. The mic is working in all other scenarios - recording videos, making a voice call via messenger - but not on either of the video calls.
Can anyone help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Do you recall if those two apps have updated recently? The settings could have been tweaked during an update. Ultimately if those are the only apps that the mics aren't working, they are the culprit.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
We are using the apps but have also tried accessing via websites and yes we have reinstalled. Everything was working fine until we installed the samsung update a few days ago and now nothing.
The mic is fine when we send a voice message on messenger and fine when we film a video via the camera but as soon as we try a video call...silence.
Btw - All necessary permissions have of course been approved.
Please wipe the Cache partition using the following steps.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, then press and quickly release the Power key
- 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press Power button to select.
- When the wipe is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
This is being sent to our engineers for investigation. Please provide the following information.
Software Build #:
Have spent hours this week trying to fix this as I NEED my mic to work on vital calls
Model Number: sm-t290
Android Version: 10
Software Build #: QP1A.190711.020.T290XXU3BUE1
Zoom Version: 22.214.171.1246
Messenger Version: 3126.96.36.199.119