JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S6 Lite How do I stop the Lock Screen from turning on?

(Topic created: 05-16-2021 08:30 AM)
userGr8jO4Zbn1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I just purchased a new S6 Lite tablet.  The lock screen turns on about after about 3 minutes of inactivity.  How do I stop it?  I have a Samsung Tab A7 and don't have the issue.  I have screen timeout set for 30 minutes and have screen lock type set to Swipe which mirrors my prior tablet.  I've also tried a lock screen type of None.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. The constant lock screen is aggravating enough that I'm considering returning my new tablet if I can't find a solution.  

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Have you tried to reset the unit? Does it show any message when it turns back on? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userGr8jO4Zbn1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have not tried that.  Do I need to do the full factory reset?  There were various reset options available.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Yes, I would do a factory reset on the unit to see if that resolves the issue. How long have you had the unit? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userGr8jO4Zbn1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'll give it a try.  I've only had it about 10 days.  Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

You're welcome! Please let me know if that works for you! If not I'll be able to assist further. thank you

0 Likes
Solution
userGr8jO4Zbn1
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The factory reset did not correct the issue although now, the lock screen is intermittent.  Sometimes it comes on after about 3 minutes of inactivity sometimes it doesn't.  Perhaps the best bet is for me to return the tablet as defective.

0 Likes