JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S7 plus 5g- call & text from other devices

(Topic created: 09-30-2020 08:34 AM)
Reese_girl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Tab S7 + 5G Tmobile.  the tablet does not have the phone icon or the "call and text from other device" feature - why?

Why make a mobile type of device but cant make or receive calls when connected to the actual mobile phone.  My Tab s4 has the feature but the great and mighty S7+ 5g doesn't.  It's ridiculous!!  

23 Replies
user7IJQiS786g
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I don't seem to have it either. Thinking about switching to the wifi version. so annoying !

Reese_girl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I found out it's available on the S7 but not the plus.
Shawna
Halo
Options
Tablets
Thats so weird, if I'm not mistaken they are the same except for screen size. I've got a S7+ and searched high and low and don't have it! Hope they add it to our S7+
Shawna
Halo
Options
Tablets
Just spoke with Samsung and Verizon, looks like both AT&T and Verizon do not support this feature..... another perk that My "wonderful" carrier blocks me from, just like Samsung cloud..... looks like they want us paying to connect a device instead of allowing this great feature..... hopefully ppl will get to Verizon and AT&T and tell them we want it! We pay so darn much for these devices just to get blocked by carriers, guess it's time to consider an unlocked device! It shows info here ...https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/
Members_79D6598
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the S7+ Wi-Fi tablet,and a Samsung smartphone on Verizon.

I would need to use VZW message app to get SMS on  a tablet. Verizon was not upfront about this. 

Rhowell79
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hi there, sorry to let you know that the Samsung S7+ does not have the call and text on other devices. Samsung is stating it is a carrier issue. The carrier is stating it is Samsung issue. Very disappointing, I hope Samsung has an update for this soon but there is no answer if they will. What is funny is that TMobile has instructions for the feature that does not exist.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials?page=device/samsung/galaxy-tab-s7-plus/topic/pdf-manual/u...
0 Likes
Reese_girl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I spoke to a Samsung rep who referred me to that page. If you read the compatibility you'll see S7 but not the S7 Plus
Reese_girl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I found information on the samsung site that mentions the S7 & S7+ have the feature.  Waiting for a response from Samsung.Screenshot_20200929-232058_Shop Samsung.jpgScreenshot_20200929-231751_Shop Samsung.jpg

Options
Tablets

O but there is a teeny tiny astrict we hid to say this might be coming soon! Just like the heart rate monitor on my new watch3!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB