Original topic:

Tab S8 Ultra, Ultra-Slow Charging Issue

(Topic created: 08-14-2024 02:11 PM)
userydgmwVmqzv
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra has started to ultra-slow charge in the last week or so. It is taking 30 minutes to go up 2% on its Samsung Fast Charger (black charger) and its original cable which is totally unacceptable.

While I charge I have my screen off and the tablet is not in use. I saw some other reply on Samsung Members to turn off Bluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi while charging, but shouldn't be necessary and never has been.

I went ahead and turned my tablet's power OFF and now it is charging at the usual rate, which leads me to believe this is a Software Issue. I believe this bug was introduced in the latest software update from Samsung.

So Samsung: please check your updates and test them before you push them out to your users.

I hope if you are facing this issue you can chime in here and try what I did by turning your tablet's power OFF to begin charging at the usual rate. Maybe after I restart the issue will be gone, but I doubt it. And even then, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to figure out Samsung's software update bugs. I know their competition doesn't have these issues. Just saying.
1 Reply
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The first thing one should do when they have an issue is to power cycle (as in off then on) the device.  You did and whatever was causing the issue got cleared out.  You should power cycle your device at least once a week. 

This could be caused by a number of things, and most likely an app.  If the issue returns quickly then power cycle and boot to Safe Mode and see if it happens again, if it doesn't it's an app that you've installed. 

If you want to submit an error report, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes