JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S8+ pseudo-reboots

(Topic created: 08-25-2023 11:24 PM)
userFH8NsdxMwx
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought a Tab S8+ from Verizon last summer, and pretty much from the start it would do what I call pseudo-reboot. It'll just flash up the white Verizon splash screen, the drop to the desktop. It's not really rebooting, because I'm not seeing the "finish booting" icon in the notification bar, and the uptime widget on the homescreen shows time since I last deliberately rebooted it, not the time since the pseudo-reboot.

I tried making sure all the software was up to date, clearing cache, removing all the apps and reinstalling them one at a time, and a factory reset. Nothing made a difference, and, finally getting fed up with it, contacted Verizon for a replacement.

Got the replacement the day before yesterday, and today, the new tablet is doing exactly the same thing. That tells me it's a Samsung problem. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a solution?

A search of the forum gave me this link: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S8-Ultra-random-reboot/td-p/2216999, but that's concerning the S8 Ultra, and I didn't see anything helpful in it that I hadn't already done.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It actually sounds like a Verizon issue with their firmware.   Can you boot to Safe Mode and see this happen? 

Send off bug report to Verizon and an error report to Samsung.  I would also call Verizon and ask for Tier 2 support tech which is probably still too low a level for this issue but after you tolerate all their procedures they would then escalate it. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It actually sounds like a Verizon issue with their firmware.   Can you boot to Safe Mode and see this happen? 

Send off bug report to Verizon and an error report to Samsung.  I would also call Verizon and ask for Tier 2 support tech which is probably still too low a level for this issue but after you tolerate all their procedures they would then escalate it. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor