JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab s7+ losing 5g internet connection

(Topic created: 04-05-2021 10:44 AM)
ScotBillA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My tab s7+ is unable to get an Internet connection on the 5g wifi setting. It works well on 2g indeed until recently the 5g worked well. Now it will connect to 5g but with a no internet error. I've tried resetting the WiFi connection in settings still the same. Even switching on and off doesn't change it. Any ideas would be appreciated.  Its an annoying issue in a tablet this expensive.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I am sorry to hear about this. Please provide the model number and cellular carrier for your tablet.

0 Likes
ScotBillA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Lou, sorry I seem to have confused matters, I was referring to my WiFi connection. I should also say that all my other electronic gadgets connect to the 5g wifi as does my wife's tab s6 lite.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Got it. Let's try manually setting a DNS server. Go to Settings, search for and select Private DNS. Select Private DNS provider hostname. Enter dns.google as the hostname and save. Restart the tablet and check the connection.

0 Likes
Solution
ScotBillA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi tried that no difference, even tried it on auto. However seem to have fixed it myself.  I removed a virgin powerline wifi extender and now the tablet is working consistently and fast on 5g wifi from the main router. The powerline adapter was for a tplink switch I was using and I've hardwired that. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes