JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why is my samsung S8 Tab Ultra 5G not getting android 13?

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 05:19 PM)
usereW5ukiAX7k
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I just want to check why is my Samsung Tablet S8 Ultra 5G not getting android 13 update?

My Build version is Build Number: X906BXXU2AVH2.

I have seen Europe and UK and South Korea have already got this version.

Anybody got any ideas why I am not getting the latest android 13?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Henry

5 Replies
PeachyDean
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'd like to second this inquiry as well.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Had you been getting any security patches in the past?  Check with your carrier.  I believe that's an international version so you might need to check your country code. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
usereW5ukiAX7k
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi Bill-e

Thanks for the quick reply. When I bought this Samsung S8 Tablet Ultra 5G it was already in android 12L version and the security batch was 01-Aug-2022.  This really  me off as I got my  previous tablet that is Samsung S7 FE 5G already updated to Nov Security Batch.

And also my previous tablet Samsung S6 Lite after updating to android 12L and Opacity function was missing.

I just wonder what is Samsung doing to keep on creating bugs and delaying the latest Android 13 for their customers?  I was hoping by updating my 3 tablets would somehow solved all these problems.

I have been waiting for months and yet Samsung seems to be taking their own sweet time to getting things done and this really I mean really me off.

I am getting very impatient and angry for waiting so long and yet nothings seem to be done on Samsung side.

Regards

Henry

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Hi Henry. 

The 5G tablets received their A13 update over a month ago.  Those updates come from the carriers. 

Being that you have an international model, Samsung USA will refer you to your regional Samsung tech support. 

You can Try using Smart Switch

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your devic e ..  

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userYpbeITQTSj
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I haven't got it either on my Samsung s21 fe
0 Likes