JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

.asec files have suddenly appeared, is it safe to delete them?

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 08:43 AM)
Options
Tablets

Installed my SD card from my s7plus tab..into new tab s8ultra.....now I'm seeing a whole bunch of .asec files that can't be opened and are taking ALOT of room!!

All I need to know is...can I delete them to get that room back?
Thanks anyone for help😉
4 Replies
Options
Tablets
If there wasn't anything on the card that you're concerned about losing, delete away! You should be able to format the card fully in the "My Files" app.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
..but to format means to clean everything right??..all my contacts and photos are on SD..and alot of apps that I send to it...I just want these particular files gone...sorry for not being sure on this one...just don't want to really screw things up ya know🤪😮
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Tablets
After a little research, it turns out .asec files are secured android files that contain application data. There's not really anything you can do with that unless you're familiar with the Android Development Kit. If you know exactly which apps each asec file came from then you might be able to place them in their respective folders, but I suspect that won't work.

You'll need to redownload the apps as just shooting them to an SD card won't let them transfer.
Options
Tablets
Ok thanks.. going to check them out more😉👏
0 Likes