JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

new galaxy TAB A7 10.4 Cannot Move APPA to SD card as in previous models

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 07:33 AM)
userExfk8vnFO7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

BEWARE you cannot move any APPs over to the external SD card,  I have a 64GB internal which is large. If you get a smaller internal and download may APPs you coud be out of gas with nowhere to go. Samsung claims it is a copyright problem. However how come all of a sudden its a problem when previous models you could do that function. Possible it will be resolved and new firmware will change it ,In the meantime Samsung is using deceptive advertising stating you can use the external SD card

56 Replies
userArUmHpdJ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

this is kinda dumb, there's no reason why they should prevent you from using that SD CARD SLOT to put your apps on,... should be up to the cosumer... my niece got this for christmas, it's a decent tablet, but what puts me off is not allowing you to use your SD card properly... theres no reason why samsung should stop this!

VaBeach
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Is there no ability to save apps to SD card? Every android device I have can do this but cannot find an option to do this in this tablet.
user4Jba0BdmYH
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi, I am facing same problem because 19 GB internal memory is to low to load all the apps. 

blkeyewrx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

if you open "Settings", scroll down to "Apps", tap the app you'd like to move, then under the specific app options tap "Storage" and under "Storage used" tap "change" , it gives you the option to move the app to an SD card if you have one installed.

There are exceptions. If the app is preloaded or somehow registered to your Google or Samsung account , they don't allow you to move most of those apps. It's hit and miss but you can move some and of course it's a pain to move every app individually.

You can also go into "Settings" and "Storage" and select your SD card and tap the hamburger menu, and select "Settings" and "Format as internal", then "Erase and Format". your SD card will then be read as internal storage

VaBeach
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
@bikeyewrx I appreciate the input, that is exactly what i have done on all my other android devices and tablets, unforenately there is no option to save to sd. When you select storage it under apps it only gives you the storage data(size,cahe) and option to clear cahe or unistall. You can format sd but it still reads it as an sd card. I really do like this device but it does not allow for very simple things such as sd app saves and multiple windows. It looks like samsung did this purposely to not cannabilize its more expensive tablet sales. I think this will be a popular tablet and hoping that it will have a strong developer community. I will likely head to XDA to find a more useable build that still uses the ONE UI.
userpJb9xaIded
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Still unable to move apps, I don't see the option to move it to SD card in app storage

userbaGapJ2zuC
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Does not work for me! Poor Samsung!

Will definitely return this device !!!

Strong no buy! What a fake.            

kcdaf40
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Hate to tell you but with these new Droid OS even on some phones you cannot transfer to the sd card making it useless. LG has the same issue on some phones and it did on my Note 10 until I received the update.
0 Likes
userzsWM520yR5
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This does not work on the A7 10.4.  It's starting to remind me why I have not purchased a Samsung product in several years. <edit>. I already put a lot of time and effort into getting this thing set up. Not sure if I can return it at this point, but I guess I'll try.