JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Bricked My Washing Machine

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 07:45 AM)
userjgIEoY9DMG
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Like many others on here Samsung bricked my washing machine for over a week due to a software update.  I have a "smart" washing machine WA52A5500AW, that suddenly became totally unresponsive.  You couldn't tell it was even on except I saw it was still connected to our wifi.  It was under warranty but the day before technicians were coming to our home, they cancelled because Samsun told them to stand down.  Through this entire terrible process Samsung never admitted to me that it was their fault.  I had to learn all of this through the repair company.  Samsung's customer suppor was aweful throughout this process.  Even now I can't respond to other people's posts in the community with the same issue because their posts are locked.  After a week, our machine finally powered back up, but wouldn't do anything.  The next day it was responsive and working again.  I suspect they were rolling out multiple software updates.  Now I need to take my "smart" machine offline so Samsung doesn't break it again in the future and provide zero support.

3 Replies
user8ljfpjgwmt
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
I've been waiting 3 weeks for "something" to be done. I have no service techs within 100 miles and they won't exchange or refund me for the washer.
Solution
userjgIEoY9DMG
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have you tried their procedure:

unplug the unit for1 minute and then plugging it back in, press power on wait 5 seconds, then power off, wait 4 hours then run a cycle?  

My experience with support was aweful, they wouldn't tell me what was going on except I had to wait.  They had told me if technicians don't have it fixed within 14 days of the ticket creation they would return the unit and refund me.

usereSoixTh6p8
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same model, same issue, still under warranty.  We had a window of 8am - 12pm for repair tech this Monday (9/12/22).  He finally showed up at almost 2 pm.  He tried a couple of diagnostic tests and then replaced the controller board behind the front panel.  He told me that his team had fixed around 10 units in a couple of days, but ours was the first that wouldn't come back up after running the diagnostic and reset procedures.  I asked if there was a way to disabled WiFi connection on the unit and he said no.  He also said that it didn't matter if we didn't connect it to our WiFi, but that it would still bypass our router security and make a connection.  I doubt that, but will block the MAC address at my router to be on the safe side.

We just want our money back and will NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT PERIOD!  No more phones, tablets, and certainly not any home appliances.  Worst customer experience we have ever had.  We will try to sell it and the matching dryer, but if we can't get a decent return on our investment I might just donate the units to a local shelter and take the tax write off.