Original topic:

Samsung Washer Error Code 9C8

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 10:59 AM)
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi - 

During the spin cycle, our Samsung washer threw error code 9C8, or it could be 9CB.   It's only 6 months old.  Model # WA55A7700AV.

I spoke with someone from Samsung who said it's a software update issue, but all updates have been done.  Turning the unit off and on, unplugging and plugging it back in didn't work.  There's not much online about this code.  One search turned up a possible voltage issue, but that doesn't make sense.  Power source hasn't changed.  Just for fun we tried another outlet and it still throws the code.  Unit doesn't respond at all to pressing other buttons.

We have a tech coming out, but the first available appointment is a week from today.  😞

Anyone else have this code and know what the problem could be?

TIA for any insight.

Sarah 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I did the same thing...

Hopefully didn't ruin my chances of fixing this myself. 

Crazy to have a tech come out just for a software issue...if that's what this is.  I just want it to wash clothes.  lol!

Kourtnaaaay
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
I know. I was sure that would fix it.. but apparently not. Lol
I had just put a load of blankets in the washer when it stopped before the spin cycle. I'm just thankful the washer is still under warranty.
SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Kourtnaaaay
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Yes. When I spoke with support yesterday they said the software update was released to fix this issue.
Chadillac_
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
My software version is JT-91
0 Likes
Kreeder2234
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Let me try going through the steps that I did. I pressed Temp spin Rinse spin and it took me to a different screen on the washer. I then pressed the temp and rinse buttons to get the numbers to change from 01-98 and pressed them through and hit start on some of them. I then did a network reset by pressing and holding Smart Control for 3 seconds then temp for 7 seconds. Also try these options while the washer is off. I don’t know exactly what I did to fix it while I was trying everything but doing all that seemed to reset the washer network settings. Also try taking off your washer from smart things that was another things I also did. Disconnect it from smart things. Sorry I didn’t see the new posts earlier was opening presents 

SarahBeeBo
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

This worked!!  Thank you SO much! 

I'm currently washing clothes! 😊

Merry Christmas! 

Kourtnaaaay
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Do you have any additional tips? I made it to the numbers 00-90, I pressed start on several of them but was not successful in getting the network reset.
0 Likes
Kreeder2234
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

To add to that. I’m a pretty techy guy and I figured it was stuck on that 9C8 code In the system so my first objective was to get that off somehow so you can do other things with the washer to get it to get un stuck from the spin cycle. It kept wanting to continue the spin cycle it was set on. Once I got to other menus in the washer by pressing temp rinse spin rinse and just messing with the button options. Do the network reset while in there and then try it with it off and also on. Do a couple resets and try it again if it doesn’t work eventually I got it done and reset it back to normal and was washing my clothes  Again 

Chadillac_
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
I got it reset too, thanks. I used the knob starting at 001 and went through most of the list holding down start to clear then moving to the next. 006 showed the 9c8 code.

Hopefully, our washers do not get a software over voltage again and cause this error more than once.