JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Washer - Residue (All Types)

(Topic created: 03-15-2021 06:51 AM)
user3Gs0X9mNnc
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This morning was the final straw. Model # WA45H7000AW/A2 has had these flakes and sludge looking things ending up on my clothes and in the tub for about 3 years now. I thought it was an old piece of paper that got stuck somewhere and has been coming off in pieces over time. This morning my clothes were cover more than ever before so I did some research and found out this is an ongoing issue and that it's MOLD. Not only have we been in a pandemic but I find out that I've been washing and wearing clothes that have been covered in mold for 3 years!!! This is completely unacceptable SAMSUNG!!!!!

useriwQxY5zQs6
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

My washing machine leaves a white residue on my clothing when complete.

1. I have used the self clean after 4 or 5 cycles.
  2. I have used the self clean with and without washing machine cleaner tabs.
  3. I have switched detergents, all of which are  HE.
  4. I have adjusted the amount of detergent and used less.
  5. I have used the extra rinse cycle.
  6. I have washed loads with and without fabric softener.
  7. I had a service technician come out and look at my washer. He took my washer apart and said it was one of the cleanest he had worked on. Recommended I use less detergent which I showed him how little I use already and he agreed it was an appropriate amount.
  8. I have taken the clothes out and put them back in for an extra rinse and spin cycle, still the white residue is on my clothing.

I am beyond frustrated and do not have a solution to this white film being left behind on my clothing.

Thank you

jellymune
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
what temperature water do you use? when do you put the detergent in the washer?
useriwQxY5zQs6
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

For my dark clothes I use the dark cycle which has a Eco Warm temperature. For colored clothing I use a normal cycle with warm temperature setting.

0 Likes
userivh1yAvl8M
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have had this same problem for years! After the extra rinse I literally hand rinse my clothes in the sink! I wash in cold using minimal HE detergent and white vinegar as fabric softener, both added at beginning of cycle. I run self clean when the machine says to. Totally unacceptable.

useriwQxY5zQs6
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, absolutely unacceptable! I am still waiting for a response from Samsung, which I doubt they have a solution. My washer is only two years old, I either have to sell it and buy another model or just suffer with it for the next several years. Very disappointed!

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 3.15.2021, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as much details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKyyOD4w0xU
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washing machine is 9 months old and the clothes come out with specks of dirt on them, when you attempt to brush them off they just smear. The machine stinks of mould. I have cleaned the filters, used the bleach procedure as described by Samsung, used the tub clean cycle. I have performed these routines multiple times for not even the slightest improvement. I see an identical thread was closed by Samsung and labelled 'solved'. Yet no solution appears to have been achieved. Am I just to assume that Samsung washing machines are absolute sh*t and just bite the bullet and foot the cost of purchasing another brand? 

speedy747
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Look to see if there is a recall on that model
0 Likes
usermvNJbiPg9T
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

F8D72B47-4631-46F9-AB74-02951C0E0B3E.jpeg

 

0B87F9AF-5AE8-422A-9CBD-CCE12635F3AD.jpeg

I’ve had this happen to me prior. I washed a load of whites and a few of my clothes came out with stains and a dark, sludge like substance. Including a brand new shirt that was ruined due to the staining. I had to pre treat everything with stain remover and wash by hand. I ran the self clean cycle which helped for a few washes. It continued to happen here and there. I always wash with HE detergent. I have really severe allergies so I use a small amount of free and clear detergent and no fabric softener. I run self clean cycles every 2 weeks.

Today was by far the worst experience I’ve had with this sludge / debris like substance. I washed my bedding and everything was covered in chunks of it. I decided to do a whole other cycle and rewash, but it was still just as bad. I took everything out. Wiped out the chunks of residue. Did a self clean cycle. There was still residue. I did another self clean cycle, but when I opened the washer up, I found more residue and giants chunks of sludge. I’m about to do my third self clean cycle and waste more water. I don’t know what else to do at this point. I’m so incredibly frustrated. My white sheets are full of dark stains. I’ve already ruined so many clothes. What else! 

VanWinkle
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Did you check the filter and clean out the inside? If so it may be coming into the process in a secondary way. The dark sludge means it's not the white clothing, the stains don't point to it coming from the fluff inside of socks and (and sweats sometimes)...
If I had to guess the machine has a leak and needs examination and repair, or replacement. Hope this helps.
0 Likes