Original topic:

Washer and Dryer "Auto Cycle Link" feature stopped working on iOS devices

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 08:13 AM)
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi Community,

I need assistance as the support received via the Smartthings app keeps closing the cases stating they are not the right team (which is the same method I have been using since I have Smartthings) 

It’s been a couple of months since I noticed the Auto Cycle Link between my washer and dryer stopped working on iOS devices. Below is the behavior I am experiencing:

BEHAVIOR:

Android phone can enable just fine the Auto Cycle link and stays ON. However, if I access the Smartthings app via an iOS device, the Auto Cycle Link turns off by itself when I access the Dryer. If I exist/close the Smartthings app on the iOS device go back to the Android Device open the ST app on the Android device and access the Dryer, I see the Auto Cycle Link OFF, I turned it back on, and works fine (stays on).

But if I go back to the iOS ST app and access the Dryer it turns off right away, and if I try to enable it turns off in a second by itself (It’s like pressing the ON on a light switch and the button gets pressed however it goes back to OFF (like a faulty light switch) that is what I experience with that Auto Cycle Link feature switch on iOS devices.

I have tried enabling the feature on my iPhone 12 pro, iPad 6th, and my old iPhone 6s (which has an old iOS version to discard any issue with the newest iOS versions) and neither can enable the feature (it turns off right away)

-Models and versions:

·    Samsung Washer Model: WF22R6270AP

·    Samsung Dryer Model: DV22R6270PP/AP

·    Samsung Smartthings Hub v2 with firmware 000.050.00010

.    Smartthings version: 1.7.09.16

·    iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 17.1.2

·    iPad 6th gen with iOS 17.1.2

·    iPhone 6s with iOS 15.8

.    Huawei Android version: 9.1.0 (9.1.0.393)

2-There is not any error when trying to activate the “Auto Cycle Link” option under the Dryer, it just simply does NOT turn on, so I CANNOT send you any screenshots. I wanted to send a short video, but can’t do it this way. Is there any repository I can upload the video so you guys can understand better what is going on?

2-This is happening ONLY on iOS devices

Hope someone can guide me to resolve this as I use this feature every time I wash clothes and is very useful and less time-consuming

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Aroshasguy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I get the exact same behavior. I just got this dryer, and can’t turn on the Auto Cycle Link. Using Iphone 14 Pro.

CentaNShawn
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Hear ya
0 Likes
Aroshasguy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I don’t know how, but the problem seems to be gone. I just succeed turning on auto cycle link from my iPhone.

Can you confirm it works for you too?

0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

Unfortunately No, I just tried but same behavior  (Not working) 😞

I have updated the app to the latest version 1.7.10.22, and the iOS to 17.2 but the problem persists 😞

0 Likes
Aroshasguy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

OK, I figured out it only works if I try to set it while the washer is currently washing. Can you try?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, I definitely understand your concern with the Auto Cycle feature issues and would like to refer you to our alternate support forum specifically targeted toward your concerns for assistance regarding Smartthings here: https://community.smartthings.com/