JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 02-16-2019 11:02 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

JUMP TO SOLUTION
304 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

Does this occur on all cycles? Is the unit properly leveled? Are you getting any error messages?

0 Likes
user297pJ2LkRg
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes perfectly level and occurs on any cycle requiring a spin  dry. Again only spins with large loads....small loads will not spin dry. Trys but just can't get going with a small load.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
userohDr80Y6BC
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I’m having the same issue with the WA422 washer. I have tried recalibration. I can put heavy blankets or a small load and it won’t spin it falls unbalanced.  Fills and spins fill and spin. It was here when I purchased the house otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten this machine.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

For assistance with this concern, please send us a private message to the link with your full model number and your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useroi3mMPcCPj
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung washer is about 6 yrs old.  Just 3 weeks ago it started having this problem where it gets to 7 minutes left on the spin cycle, then spins out of control, and sends error code DE, then starts to fill up with water again.  Repeats itself.  It only works when the washer is empty.  I have tried holding the washer when it spins, leveling it, having 1 item in the washer, etc.  Sometimes with 1 item it works.  

I called customer support, she tried to get me to agree to have a repair man come out.  But I have a Sears Home warrenty, so I just wanted to talk to a technician to get some possible solutions. Her manager said for me to call Tech Support. They gave me the number for Tech Support but I need an account number. When I called back to Customer Service the person gave me a fake account number which Tech Support does not accept.  Complete run around.  

I repeat, will never buy another Samsung product again.  Never a phone or appliance.

And I see from the string of problems that people are having with this washer, Samsung does not do anything to fix it or to help out the customer.  And yes I did have the machine serviced for the recall a few years ago for the spindle flying off in the middle of a cycle. So obviously Samsung knows that there are problems with this model.

If you are a Samsung Tech reading this, I will be happy to be in conversation with you.  Just please provide a correct link for me to give you my serial number.

Natey
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers

DE could mean Door Error.

Check that the door closing mechanism (magnet?) is still there in place and works.

0 Likes
useroi3mMPcCPj
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Perhaps DE means Door Error - although I hold down the top of the washer - top loading while it spins and it still spins out of control at 7 minutes. Stops and then refills with water and starts the rinse and spin cycle all over again.  So why would it refill with water when it has a door error?  I believe that the computer system in the washer is faulty.  Would like Samsung tech to reply to my request.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

A DE error code is indeed a door error. IT typically means the door is not detected as closed and locked. Check that the latch is securely fixed, and that laundry or other items are not caught in the door, and the door is closed and secured correctly. If the code cannot be corrected after checking these items and unplugging the unit(or tripping the breaker) for 1-2 minutes, then repairs are recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHTGR4gJG5J
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello

I am glad to see I am not the only one w this issue. My machine has been stuck in a rinse and spin cycle as well w the code dc. I had a repair guy out and he balanced the washer. Worked fine for 2 loads and is now doing the same thing. This apparently is a defect w as many people having this issue. Did Samsung help anyone out w this?

0 Likes