cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisv909
Asteroid

Volume not working with remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Volume not working with remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update Chrisv909, be sure to post in the larger thread regarding this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Remote-Control-volume-isn-t-working-on-my-TV-UN48JU6500/td-p...

39 REPLIES 39
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update Chrisv909, be sure to post in the larger thread regarding this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Remote-Control-volume-isn-t-working-on-my-TV-UN48JU6500/td-p...

user594me91hDD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just 're-paired the remote, volume goes between mute and 1, rest of remote appears to work fine

Sound seems to be a common problem

Rich

useryIaEx5hOJ3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn’t work for me. 

Got it a call from a tech. To solve my issue we took the remote and held it about a 10” from the bottom right side of the screen and held the “back” arrow buttons and “pause/play” at the same time until the tv said it was connecting remote. 

Hope this his works for others. 

userDkk4nzGCOF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 5 hrs of screwing with this , a whopping headache and a long phone call with Direct TV I still had no volume control . I tried the battery removal and hold the power button advice to no avail BUT Your fix worked like a charm!!!! Fixed in seconds  and both remotes are now working my volume! I saved this chat just in case it happens again. I cannot thank you enough for sharing what worked for you! You saved me another hour on the phone with Samsung . 

userDkk4nzGCOF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify , holding in the back button and the pause button on the Samsung remote while putting remote 10” away from the right corner of the tv is what finally worked. 

userVCcffgmpqm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

should the tv be off when you try this? also which "back" button there are two "left" facing arrows 

userOAc4A8ig89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sandy

This worked for me after trying everything else brill.

userySFgjkXLpS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are amazing! Thanks!!!! 

userySFgjkXLpS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked perfectly! Thank you!