JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I turn off the feature to announce the battery level out loud?

(Topic created: 09-12-2019 06:03 AM)
Samsung_rrx1I14
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Every time I plug or unplug my phone it announces the battery level out loud.  I have been through all of the settings and apps and I can't figure out what is doing it. 

7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What phone do you have?

Does it do it while booted in safe mode?

0 Likes
Samsung_rrx1I14
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Galaxy j7 star 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

As a troubleshooting procedure, try booting in safe mode. Then plug in the charger. If it does not say the battery level then you know it is a 3rd party app causing the announcement. 

0 Likes
Samsung_rrx1I14
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can you please send me the link to how to start in safe mode. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Give this link a try: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30290

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_rrx1I14
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's a third party app. Now however do I find out which one and turn it off.  On a side note restarting my phone in safe mode reset my theme and my keyboard and who knows what else. 0

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

To my knowledge, there is no way to easily find the app. The only methods I know of would be to disable or uninstall the apps one by one to find the problem. @LongHiker may know of an easier way, any ideas?

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.