JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Purchased a used Samsung device and it's asking for the original owners email to access

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
shybug
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I bout a used samsung from someone and it needs the original owners email to get into the phone only u don't know the original owner is there any way to get into the phone without it? 

6 Replies
Beastkilla
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If they didn't delete all accounts off the phone before they gave it to you, then yeah, that's the only way. The Google account is what's gonna stop you as soon as you power it on. A factory reset won't solve it either. Maybe take it into a repair center and see if they can delete that account. I'm sorry to hear this. I've been in this situation before
0 Likes
Beastkilla
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's a reason why samsung wants us to delete all accounts before we do any trade ins
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@shybug You need to return it to the person you bought it from. Or get their email and password information. 

Security is designed to prevent stolen phones from being simply reset and used or sold. 

0 Likes
Linked
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's impossible to use the phone unless it's transferred correctly by removing everything with security credentials. If it still had security credentials on it not only would it allow for you to steal people's phones, but you'd have access to the account data from the credentials still stored on the device.
0 Likes
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Factory reset by prev owner
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The Google account will need to be removed by getting password from the seller believe it's required to do that in remove account a factory reset may not remove it bad side to buying used besides the phone not paid off
0 Likes