JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex 15 S-Pen Not Connecting. Fails to connect. Driver fails to install.

(Topic created: 08-18-2020 06:00 AM)
user849bvp9HqS
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just received this laptop 3 days ago and after updating and making sure all the drivers install and are up to date, I notice the S-Pen always says "Connecting..." in the task bar. I pull out the S-Pen, it opens the air-commands, the button on the pen also opens the air commands. Every time I pull the pen from the garage I get a notification stating "Connection Error, S Pen is not available..." It works with the touchscreen, but I am unable to use the air gestures.

I tried to reinstall the drivers only to find out that it fails in the Samsung Update program, and when I try to download/install it manually, it still does not work. Weirdly enough, it eventually shows that it's updated/installed.

I have even tried to reset the pen in Samsung Settings and it always says "Fails to connect"

I contacted support and was told to return to a service center because it appears to be a software glitch, so I would prefer not to do that. I notice that multiple people are having this issue. My model number is NP950QCG-K01US

I've done a full factory reset, as if I just received this laptop new again, twice, and am still having this issue.

Has anyone found a fix for this? This laptop is beautiful, light, and powerful, but I'm just so frustrated that I paid so much only to not be able to take advantage of what this laptop has to offer. Samsung hasn't seemed to acknowledge this yet so I'm not sure if this is maybe a batch issue or something I should just wait for in an update?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Edit: Just to add, there have been times where I try to Install the S-Pen drivers through the Samsung Update program, and I would often times get the error message "Installation Failed. Error 502." If that helps at all..

Edit 2: "Installation Failed. Error 502" appears to be due to the laptop not being plugged in for charging while it's updating, because other Samsung apps updated shortly after I plugged it in. 

15 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I'm sorry to hear that, if after you have made sure everything is up to date and also have tried a factory reset and since the device is so new I would recommend reaching out to your retailer for an exchange. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user849bvp9HqS
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Is there no way for me to manually uninstall or remove the pen driver and reinstall it? I'm having a hard time finding the actual S Pen driver itself.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

When you press the Windows key and are able to search for device manager, once there you can look for the s pen it may be under human interface devices, or it may say s-pen, you can try to uninstall drivers and reinstall from there but it is not guaranteed to solve this issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user849bvp9HqS
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thank you for offering the solution. I was hoping it would work but unfortunately it did not. It seems as if I will have to exchange it. Thank you to all who took the time to reply and offer help!

0 Likes
user2fVnEATODw
Astronaut
Options
Computers

seriously ... exchange the machine?   If this is happening to other customers, should there not be a fix?

userF6wNeoHsZE
Constellation
Options
Computers

my book flex NP930QCG-K01US also has an issue on touch screen and s pen. Both don't work anymore.  I bought the unit on November 17, 2020, just last month. 

I tried the following but did not work:

1. Samsung Recovery and Factory Reset

2. Trouble Shooting

3. Switching my old laptop to local account. (I was thinking that one Microsoft account in two computers might having a conflict. On going windows update in the old laptop might change the settings in my book flex affecting drivers for touch screen and s pen.  But switching old laptop to local account did not solve the problem.

4. Device Manager shows HID compliant touch screen and HID compliant pen are in shaded light gray, meaning "not connected", thus no "disable - enable " toggle option.   

userXWSWiCA5t6
Constellation
Options
Computers

I bought  my Galaxy Book Flex in July 2020, and both the S Pen and Touch Screen stopped working in Dec 2020.  Terrible, since there is no fix!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
CorporateCAT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

This is exactly why I didn't upgrade "Samsungs Settings" software. Their engineers create more bugs than they fix. Then refuses to fix the new bugs. I am on the orginal "Samsung Settings" software that came with my Galaxy Flex Book 15.6 and the S-pen disconnects sometimes after waking from sleep. But overall its always works after a reboot. 

I had my comments deleted  when I criticize Samsungs wrong doing.

Instead of fixing the software they release a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 2.