I am trying to project my HP laptop Model 17-by1033dx to my Samsung Model UN50TU7000FXZA 50" Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV. I cannot see it as an option when I try to connect. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Couldn't find anything about the laptop connecting to a Smart TV.
Nothing really in the TV Manual.
• If you want to connect your PC and TV wirelessly, both of them must be connected to each other on the same
• When sharing content with other network-based devices, such as those in an IP (Internet Protocol) storage
system, sharing may not be supported due to the network’s configuration, quality, or functionality, for example,
if the network has an NAS (Network-Attached Storage) device.
Connection notes for mobile devices
• To use the Smart View function, the mobile device must support a mirroring function, such as Screen Mirroring
or Smart View. To check whether your mobile device supports the mirroring function, refer to the mobile
device's user manual.
• The Screen Sharing (Smart View) feature may not operate smoothly in a 2.4GHz environment. For better
experience, 5.0GHz is recommended. 5GHz may be available depending on the model.
• To use Wi-Fi Direct, the mobile device must support the Wi-Fi Direct function. To check whether your mobile
device supports Wi-Fi Direct function, refer to the mobile device's user manual.
• The mobile device and your Smart TV must be connected to each other on the same network.
• Use AirPlay if you are an iPhone or iPad user. For more information, refer to Source Connection Guide
Smartphone Apple AirPlay.
An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.