Original topic:

SM W720: Display remains dark starting the system

(Topic created: 08-02-2022 12:05 AM)
usertVHbb9zeOn
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello Samsung, 

more and more I have difficulty to restart my w720 after having shut it down properly via Windows shut-down. 

The display remains dark, 

but the LED on top blinks dark and bright blue. 

The keyboard background lighting is on. 

I can shut the system down again (keyboard background lighting off) by holding the on/off key about 10 seconds. 

Sometimes it comes up by booting, but I cannot recognise a systematic behaviour. 

Folks, I don't want to waste minutes and minutes until the system comes up in my eyes accidentally. 

I found another thread (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Original-Galaxy-Book-won-t-Boot/td-p/1577031), however, it does not answer my questions, how to start the system consistently, what does the bright/dark blue blinking mean; also I did try the 'Reset the video driver. Press Ctrl + Win + Shift + B. The screen may flicker as the video driver is reset.', but obviously only works when the system is up and running, but does not influence the behaviour after shut-down and my restart trials. 

Thanks in advance, 

AB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
You should really post this under "Computers" as this is an Android Tablet board. Having said that, this is a user supported forum, not a Samsung tech forum. If you're in need of direct Samsung Support you should contact them vis Samsung.com/support.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
You should really post this under "Computers" as this is an Android Tablet board. Having said that, this is a user supported forum, not a Samsung tech forum. If you're in need of direct Samsung Support you should contact them vis Samsung.com/support.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor