JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Power Button when lid is down

(Topic created: 02-20-2023 10:20 AM)
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

When my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex laptop lid is down the power button does nothing. I want the power button to turn on the laptop when the lid is down. Why, you ask. Because I have the laptop connected to two monitors so I don't need the laptop lid open. Currently I open the laptop lid let it bootup, I see my desktop on both monitors then I close the lid. I would rather just push the power button on the laptop then to open and close the lid.

What setting do I need to change to make the power button turn on the laptop when the lid is closed? I looked at System - Battery & Setting and also at Power Options - System Settings. "When I press the power button" does not give me the option to turn on. The options are: Do Nothing, Sleep, Hibernate and Shut Down. There is no turn on option.

3 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Computers
There is no setting to change it. All laptops are designed this way because the system boots up, load all .dll files that support hardware drivers, determines connected peripherals then you can close the built-in screen. For laptop, it has to verify that memory, screen, bootable storage (with MBR), keyboard are all present and functional before it boots up. External monitors are connected when video drivers are loaded, not during loading BIOS. If constantly connected, try setting one of the external monitors as primary and change the power setting when laptop screen is closed to "Do nothing". It may still not work.
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
When the laptop lid is closed, does the screen turn off?
0 Likes
Solution
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Yes. So I just keep the laptop lid open. I would rather have the laptop lid closed and the two monitors on only, but no a big deal. My co-worker's Dell laptop is connected to two monitors and it can have the laptop lid down and it still works. So some laptops can and some laptops can not. 

0 Likes