JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Pro 360 won't turn on

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 05:13 PM)
ArmyScout4
Asteroid
Options
Computers
My Galaxy Pro 360 did an update and now it won't turn on. If it is turning on then I can't tell because the screen is black. There is a blue light on the left side of the laptop that is blinking, but that's it. The laptop is only a few months old. 
11 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

I understand that your pc not powering on can be frustrating. Please unplug the charger, then press and hold the power button. While holding the power button, reconnect the charger and continue to hold power for approximately 15 seconds. Let me know if anything different happens.

ArmyScout4
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I gave it a try, however nothing happened.
0 Likes
ArmyScout4
Asteroid
Options
Computers
So turns out that the laptop is turning on. It's just that the screen isn't working. Again, this happened immediately after an update.
userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I've had the same issue twice. After a BIOS update a few weeks ago, the laptop wouldn't restart and I had to send it for service. After a 7 day transport, they plugged it in and it restarted. The battery just needed to fully drain. There should be a battery reset hole for this, but apparently there isn't. 

I just did another BIOS update pushed out by Samsung and the same thing happened. I tried the suggestion above, and the side LED briefly changed to a light green, but I still can't restart. I'm very unhappy with this. I guess I'll wait as long as it takes for the battery to drain and then try again. 

ArmyScout4
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I finally got mine to work again last night. I completely drained the battery (I just plugged my phone in and that helped drain the battery. Once it was completely drained I plugged it in and tried turning it on. At first it didn't work so I unplugged the power source and repeated my steps. I did this about 3 times and then it started working again. Very strange!
userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Brilliant tip! I used the laptop to charge my phone and tablet overnight, and the battery was fully drained. I was able to restart as normal. Samsung needs to fix this.

ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Easiest way is to plug an external hard drive into it. I use a little Toshiba and it works like a charm every time. Never tried draining the battery. Basic input output system works fine. It goes into a deep sleep. Have adjusted it many times. The hard drive wakes it instantly.
Darien06
Constellation
Options
Computers
U the man
0 Likes
userUjSndGAHIP
Astronaut
Options
Computers

My i7's been back to base twice now with similar issues.  I've had to purchase a low spec HP to keep me able to work in the interim weeks. Now it's back and I can't get it to work with a new docking monitor I bought specifically to work with this laptop. I'm super fed up with this laptop and Samsung generally. Have been a loyal mobile customer for 20+ years but I am now ready to change to something else.