Original topic:

Pro Mode finally explained here !

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 09:22 AM)
Cassidy007
Cosmic Ray
Options
Creator

If you need specific explication, don't be shy and ask me  on this post !

Hey, you hnow, Professionnal pictures can be done at Home, just light up !

Cassidy007_0-1635617081305.png

Article 1 of 5

If you like this article, do not hesitate to click on LIKE because it encourages me to continue.

For better viewing, go through your favorite browser and enlarge the photos:

Best viewing here

Here are the different icons that I will explain to you:

Cassidy007_5-1635609932284.jpeg

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them to me so that I edit the article until it is clearer to you. 

Note that only a photo taken in Pro mode allows you to go from this to this:

Cassidy007_0-1635611484850.png

To see all the beauty of the image, click on them to enlarge them ...

Cassidy007_0-1635648549666.jpeg

Courtesy of Darren C. Walker, photographer.

(programs used Lightroom, PixlR and Camera 360 for Android)

Best Photo Editing Apps for Android or iOS:

• Snapseed. ... (similar to Lightroom but it's free) # 1 on my list
  • Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. ...
  • Adobe Photoshop Express. ...
  • Prisma Photo Editor. ...  
  • Bazaart: Photo Editor and Graphic Design. ...  
  • Photofox - Photo Editor. ...
  • VSCO Cam. ...
  • PicsArt - Photo Studio.
  • Pixlr
  • Samsung Editor

In post editing when you took a picture in Pro Mode, you can go from a ordinary picture like this,

Cassidy007_0-1635622515539.jpeg

To a better picture like that : (Look at the Clouds),

This is what the camera see in Pro Mode, but not  your eyes

Cassidy007_1-1635622660778.jpeg

From my album 😉

or you can just play with it for fun:

Cassidy007_0-1635623734436.jpegCassidy007_1-1635623758920.jpeg

Courtesy of Darren C. Walker, photographer.

This can be done easely  with application like Lightroom , Snapseed (free), Raw Therapee (free) and it makes a ordinary picture to a more professionnal picture. TRY IT !

When we take a photo in Pro mode, we can modify ALL the parameters of the photo, whether it is the contrast, shadows, highlighting, saturation, shades, temperature etc ... an ordinary photo something extraordinary and all of this is possible with RAW photos taken with your camera. Since I'm not a pro and only edit photos every now and then, I only use FREE programs like Samsung's Editor and Snapseed to play around with the settings listed above.

If you venture to try Pro Mode in the evening OR the night before I finish the article, be sure to have a tripod handy and keep in mind that the ISO number should always be on. the number 100. To have this number, (1) you click on ISO, switch to Manual mode and choose 100. Then you will have to click on the icon representing the aperture and the chosen time or if you prefer the term "speed" (2) for the aperture of the diaphragm to capture your photo. You can choose between 1 / 24,000th of a second and go up to 30 seconds of exposure. No need to repeat to you that a tripod could be used for long exposures ...

For better viewing AND to see ALL photos, open this post in your favorite browser at this address:

Website link for this post

Some photos are impossible to take because of the low light in the scene and trying to take the following photos in Night Mode would have been useless as the exposure time was too long to take a photo with the hands up, hence the importance of the tripod. and Pro Mode

So here's a quick little lesson where I might not use the terms professionals use so you understand. So I will try to use terms that you will understand.

Cassidy007_6-1635609968646.jpeg

Let's take the following screenshot in Pro Manual Mode and compare it with the previous photo which is meant to be a screenshot taken in Pro Automatic Mode. We immediately notice that the device has chosen IS0 1250 ... It could therefore be that there is a little grain in the image ... 

On the second screenshot, we immediately notice that the photo,  which will be taken with the figure recommended by the Pros is ISO 100 , will be Overexposed because the device gives me the number + 1.7 while a perfect photo should show the digits 0: 0. This indicates that the exposure time chosen is too high, so instead of 30 we could try 15 and see if the counters are at 0: 0.  

Cassidy007_7-1635610020157.jpeg

To have the best possible photograph with the most details and the least noise in the image (ink on your hands) assume that in Pro Mode the ISO number should always be on the number 100. We don't succeed. not always but we can compensate in other ways to still have a good result. You just have to understand how it works.

The Pro Mode is not really made for for picture as auto racing unless you have defined in advance speed from 1/1000 th  of a second to 1 / 24,000ième of seconds " freeze ”the image.

You have surely noticed that the A on the 1,2 icons has disappeared and that on my photo, we can now see the word Manual ... I did not however deactivate the AF (Auto Focus) icon nor the WB (White Balance) icon because it is more difficult to handle in such a dark environment.    

When you understand the Pro Mode, you can get the following result thanks to the tripod! This is the photo I took when we could barely see the Image on the screen of my Note10