Original topic:

Flashlight does not work when using the camera flash notifications

(Topic created: 08-09-2024 08:37 AM)
RobertMartinez
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I've turned on camera flash notification because it helps me determine my notification if it's a message, and now it doesn't even let me use the flash light when I need it on my Galaxy Zfold6 it used to work on my galaxy S23 Ultra, can you please tell me what to do and fix it please?... Maybe it's the new One UI 6.1.1?

It would say the following 
"Can't turn on flashlight because the light is being used by Camera flash notification"
16 Replies
Luzme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's what I get when I try to turn on the flashlight. I put the translation because my device is in Spanish
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When your camera app is still open and flash is enabled your flashlight won't work because the camera app takes presidence over flashlight.try closing your camera app the turn on flashlight
Luzme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's what I thought, but I have all the applications closed and it still happens to me. I have to open the notification option with flash in settings and then I open the flashlight and it works. I repeat, that had never happened to me before, even with the camera app open.
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you downloaded any apps that use your camera or flash capabilities when this started?
0 Likes
Luzme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sounds to me that something is using your flash or camera over flashlight or maybe you have downloaded a flashlight app that needs permission im really not sure about this. Sorry
Luzme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you all for your comments, I will pay attention to each of your suggestions.
0 Likes