JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 6: Do you use an inner screen protector

(Topic created: 08-22-2024 09:53 AM)
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Do you guys use a screen protector on the inner screen? I have Samsung care plus but I'm not sure if I should be protecting the inner screen with one of those plastic screen protectors 

8 Replies
usert7RftdfmSu
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
They're already is a screen protector on it it's a slight film. You're not supposed to put another one on it from what I understand. Because taking it off or remove the original film that's on it. If you have the warranty then you should be good if there's any issues.
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm aware of the pre existing one but good to know in just supposed to leave it be
usert7RftdfmSu
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I should probably add the outer screen does not have a protector on it just the inside screen so it might not hurt to put one on the outside.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
For flip phones I read, it is recommended and for outer screen as well as it will protect from wear. The protection screens do offer antiglare and privacy protection covers as well. I don't have a flip or fold, but use a DIY screen I made from a film that's clear I bought in the craft aisle, and it helps with my cracked iPhone, as well as my last phone A13.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
SPIGEN, ozoro, and supershieldz are common protector brands but ensure your specific model phone before investing to make sure it is compatible.
0 Likes
JustALad
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I accidentally bought an anti glare for my flip 6 and my god I fell in love with matte look on the cover. I'm tempted to remove the pre installed one but I'm not confident enough for that. Honestly though an anti glare protector would probably be a great solution for hiding the crease since it is only visible when a glare hits it
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@landiecandy I've never installed any additional screen protector on the inside screen of any Fold that I have owned. One thing to consider is that adding a screen protector could cause tolerance clearance issues when closed. 

I've had screen protectors on the external screens on a couple of my Folds (Fold 3, and Fold 4) but I removed the one from the Fold 3 after a while since I didn't think it was necessary. I do not have one on my Fold 6. 

landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you this sounds just about what I was looking for. I have one on the outside but the inside is just factory. I agree about clearance issued and addition wear that might occur. I'll leave the inner screen factory and the outter screen with a glass protector