JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 6: Do you use an inner screen protector

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Do you guys use a screen protector on the inner screen? I have Samsung care plus but I'm not sure if I should be protecting the inner screen with one of those plastic screen protectors 

7 Replies
usert7RftdfmSu
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
They're already is a screen protector on it it's a slight film. You're not supposed to put another one on it from what I understand. Because taking it off or remove the original film that's on it. If you have the warranty then you should be good if there's any issues.
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm aware of the pre existing one but good to know in just supposed to leave it be
usert7RftdfmSu
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I should probably add the outer screen does not have a protector on it just the inside screen so it might not hurt to put one on the outside.
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
For flip phones I read, it is recommended and for outer screen as well as it will protect from wear. The protection screens do offer antiglare and privacy protection covers as well. I don't have a flip or fold, but use a DIY screen I made from a film that's clear I bought in the craft aisle, and it helps with my cracked iPhone, as well as my last phone A13.
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
SPIGEN, ozoro, and supershieldz are common protector brands but ensure your specific model phone before investing to make sure it is compatible.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@landiecandy I've never installed any additional screen protector on the inside screen of any Fold that I have owned. One thing to consider is that adding a screen protector could cause tolerance clearance issues when closed. 

I've had screen protectors on the external screens on a couple of my Folds (Fold 3, and Fold 4) but I removed the one from the Fold 3 after a while since I didn't think it was necessary. I do not have one on my Fold 6. 

landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you this sounds just about what I was looking for. I have one on the outside but the inside is just factory. I agree about clearance issued and addition wear that might occur. I'll leave the inner screen factory and the outter screen with a glass protector